Ciao to the Non-Profit Community,
We are incredibly grateful that 2023 proved to be another successful year of fundraising and all our events proved to be a hit once again! As a result of our members’ generosity and our community’s support through the sponsorship of our events and the many volunteer hours given, we were able to give over $175,000 back to our community.
SIAB is looking forward to making an impact on the non-profit community again in 2024. We are set to kick off 2024 with the following:
- APRIL: Tenth Annual Spring Gala: On Saturday, April 6th a $20,000 grant will be awarded. Applications are now being accepted through March 1, 2024.
- MARCH: Scholarships: On March 1st, we will begin to solicit applications for our annual scholarship awards totaling $28,750. These are divided into eight (8) scholarships presented at our May Scholarship Awards Dinner on Monday, May 13th.
- JUNE: Golf Outing: On June 17th we will host the #1 Golf outing in the County where we will donate $35,000 to charity. Applications are now being accepted through February 12th. See below for the grant application form.
- SEPTEMBER: The Galbani Maryland Italian Festival is on September 27th, 28th, and 29th. We will award two Large Grants in the amount of $20,000 each. We will be accepting Large Grant Applications in July and August.
- DECEMBER: SIAB will also fund the ever-popular “Twelve (12) Days of Christmas” again in December 2024. Twelve nonprofits are selected to receive $1,500 each during the Christmas Season.
- JAN-DEC: While we have highlighted our events and scholarships above, SIAB has also set aside $20,000 for Small Grants and Sponsorships. These small grants and sponsorship applications cannot exceed $2,000 per request and applications will be considered as they are received throughout 2024.
SIAB is proud of its accomplishments over the past ten years and, what we hope to accomplish in the next ten years, we fully recognize that without “The Friends of SIAB,” all our supporters who sponsor our events, purchase tickets to our events, and send direct donations the charitable giving would not possible.
To all our patrons, humbly and gratefully,
Tony Palumbo – SIAB Charitable Giving Chairman
Greg Tutino – SIAB Charitable Giving Co-Chairman
The Society of Italian American Businessmen (SIAB) is an association of members that promotes Italian American culture and heritage. We undertake acts of charity and community service that the members deem advisable and make donations to area 501(c)3 charities from the net proceeds through its fundraising initiatives held throughout the year. The SIAB is committed to being meaningfully involved in Maryland to impact the communities where our members may live, work, or worship. The SIAB’s charitable giving focuses on education, family and child services, mental health, addiction, and organizations that support a vibrant community. The SIAB defines the areas of focus above as charities that provide social programs, resources, and/or support to citizens in need throughout Maryland.
For an organization to be considered, it must meet the following:
- Organizations must be a 501(c)(3) registered Charity and in good standing with the state of Maryland.
- Organizations must be focused on one or more of the following areas: Education, Child and Family Services, Cultural Awareness, Healthcare/Mental Health, Veteran Services, Community Services, Animal Welfare, and Emergency/Disaster Relief.
How to Apply
Throughout the year, the SIAB will announce the availability of Grant, Scholarship, and Sponsorship opportunities for eligible organizations. The Grants and Scholarships will be announced specifically as to their amount and purpose, and only applications for those exact amounts and purpose will be accepted. The availability of these grants and scholarships will be posted on the SIAB’s website.
Sponsorships and small grants for urgent needs are offered on an ongoing basis, subject to availability and SIAB approval. The applicant must state a specific amount and purpose for the request (for example, “$500 for Gold Star Patron at a gala” or “$800 to fix the roof at the shelter”). A general request for an unspecified donation will not be considered. These donations may not exceed $2,000.
Applicants interested in academic Scholarships are invited to visit the Scholarship section of SIAB’s website. Applicants interested in a Grant or Sponsorship/Small gift must apply with the Request Form also found on the SIAB website. The form may be submitted electronically or by mailing the completed form to the SIAB post office box.
Applications are initially reviewed for their eligibility, and appropriate requests will be further considered during SIAB’s normal business proceedings.
Any donation made by SIAB may not be made on behalf of an individual to help fulfill a personal pledge or fundraising goal. All donations are paid directly to the charitable organization.
Connect with Us!
Follow us on social media for events, updates, and news